Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bum...

Yes folks, the inevitable has happened. I've graduated and finished college. And now I don't have a job. This scenario is quite far from what I have envisioned three or four years ago, even 3 months ago, but here it is. What to do? Indeed, what to do?

I've applied at a couple of companies, have a couple of interviews next week, missed a couple more last week, and all in all, still no signs of success. The company I've been dreaming of starting is still in my dreams. I have no funds, no suppliers, no staff, and basically, no company. I still have the idea though, sleeping in my head, and in the heads of four other like-minded individuals who are suffering the same fate as me.

Is it my fault? Is it their fault? I don't know. Maybe I just lost steam. Maybe we all lost steam (damn BA142). The question that lurks at the back of my mind now is: "How can I get back on track again?"

Several possibilities are forming in my ever-active mind.
1] I fall madly in love with a mysterious girl and she is kind enough to return the favor. (this scenario will do wonders for my already tattered ego and, of course, heart)
2] I get a call from a mysterious employer offering me a high-paying, highly exciting job and that I can start right away.
3] I win the lottery, thus giving me enough capital to jump-start my business.
4] My grandfather closes his financing deal, re-open our sugar mill, manufacture ethanol, and thus making me the richest 23 year-old single male in the whole of Bacolod. (as if....)


All in all, I'm not hopeful. Anybody know anybody who wants a young, brilliant, good-looking, romantic, and energetic new face in their company? Please please please, give me a call... LOL! ^___^

No comments: