Saturday, April 22, 2006

How I spent my birthday

hello again boys and girls...

it's the weekend and I just celebrated my birthday...
I'd have to say that its one of my most interesting ones so far...

it started exactly at midnight of the 21st and continued on to the end of the day... and boy how it started... ^_^

Loree and I went inside Starbucks because I told her that I didn't want to spend my birthday on the street in a jeepney... I was with Loree by the way because we were accomplishing our clearance forms at work... anyways, we just sat there for 5 minutes and stared at my watch until the clock struck 12... ^_^

then we went to Greenbelt... We originally planned to just eat at some restaurant in Greenbelt, but as luck would have it, the only place open was Burger King and Bubba Gumps... I didn't want to spend my birthday at BK, and I'm allergic to shrimp... so that was that... nice...

add to that the fact that we had to go around Greenbelt 1 to get to Greenbelt 3 because there was a construction thing going on where people usually pass through to get there... There we were, walking the deserted nighttime streets of Makati on my 22nd birthday, and amazingly, we were actually having fun!

so we finally got to GB3... well guess what... the ticket booths were already closed! I forgot that tickets should be bought earlier even if the movie is shown at 1am... so the movie thing was scrapped...

so we went down to the ground floor... and what a sight! Cafe Havana was overflowing with people! what in the world is going on? we asked ourselves... so we went inside... the music was pounding, and the people were laughing, and I said to Loree, "tara, dito na lang... ^_^"

and so we stayed... ^_^ we ordered Calamares, and two beers... the waitress offered us the "Drink of the Month", and because it was my birthday, we ordered that as well... ^_^

we stayed at Cafe Havana until around 3 in the morning, just hanging out, and talking... then I took Loree home...

Then I remembered, I have to go to school at 9am! So, bleary eyed and tired, I went to class until 12 noon, had lunch with my friends, and went home...

Later that night, my dad, my sister and I went to this local steak and burger joint to meet up with my friends to continue my birthday celebration... I had rib eye, my sister had a pork slab, my dad had a T bone, and my best friend had a lamb steak... it was really good.. ^_^ The rib eye was well done, and there was a lot of butter, and the corn was sweet, it was great!

So we stayed there and drank a few beers, hung out, and just talked about future plans... my dad was there, and that made everything all the more special because he just came home from baguio and I haven't seen him in about a year...

text messages from friends abound, and Joe gave me a mouse for my laptop, Eliza gave me a letter (as always)... then the clock struck 12, and so ended my birthday...

we walked home that night... my friends, and my family...

it was simple, but it was one of my happiest birthdays... mainly because of the great beginning... ^_^

makes me wonder how the next one will turn out...

well, just wanted to share... till next time.. ^_^

ciao!

No comments: