Monday, April 17, 2006

Holy Matrimony!

hello again boys and girls... miss me? probably not.

I've been away from the world for about a week or so... I was at wedding land... the land of flowers and veils and candles and bad food, worse music, great drinks (Alfonso I any one?), sleepless nights and mind-blowing, energy-draining, tongue-in-cheek wedding coordinators who apparently don't coordinate very well...

No, I was not the one who got married... thank GOD! My beloved playboy uncle who shocked us all with the news that he's FINALLY settling down... and I'm so very happy for him...

I played the role of secondary sponsor... the guy who puts the cord around his neck, symbolizing that he is forever "tied" to his wife... (if you ask me, it was like placing a noose around his neck ^_^)

Then I became the assistant of the wedding coordinator... GAWD!

Imagine this: I was in three piece suit, under the hot summer sun, walking around with a box of posies, distributing them to people I don't know, sweating like a pig being roasted in Cebu, going to and from the church because we had to do an "entrance" while my partner (who seemed like such a bitch) rolled her eyes upon seeing me because my hair was a mess and my face was sweating from the heat and all the walking around.

The wedding was nice though... it was simple, it was elegant, and it was on Easter!

Then came the reception... I planned to change clothes before the reception because I was emceeing it at the insistence of my uncle (the groom)... but lo and behold! we had to do another "entrance" and I was not allowed to change clothes... so there I was, under the cruel lens of the camera crew, still sweating from the heat of the unventilated hallway, doing an "entrance"...

A lot of other stuff that I don't want to talk about anymore happened after that... Needless to say, I was glad that it was over, and got myself happily drunk courtesy of my good friend, Alfonso I... ^_^

In all seriousness though, I loved the wedding. I loved the fact that my uncle was finally getting married. I almost cried at the wedding... but it wouldn't look good for a guy in a three-piece suit to go bawling out in a church full of people he doesn't even know... so I held back my tears, and rejoiced in the fact that my beloved uncle is getting hooked... ^_^

It made me wonder about my wedding... what would look like? where will it be? will it be as chaotic?

Who will be my bride?

I don't know yet... I guess we'll just see won't we?

later kids... ^_^ ciao...

No comments: